On 15th January 2008, after 6 weeks of training, the current intake of Idea Generators In Progress put up their work to be judged by a group of Creative Directors.
Here are the judges...
From left :
• Deputy Creative Director of TBWA-ISC\Malaysia Paul Lingan
• Executive Creative Director of Y&R Rahul Mathew
• Regional ECD of Grey Worldwide Jeff Orr
• Creative Director of XM Malaysia Stuart Godwin.
The Best of Show was awarded to a campaign for Amnesty International created by Rudy La Faber.
Also nominated were:
• An ambient idea for Cintan Noodles and an interactive campaign for Kotex by Alex Yeoh,
who was part of the Ad Unplugged 'Signature Slippers' winning team.
Pix shows Alex with trainer Janet Lee.
• An ambient idea for Milo and 'Slurrrp' TVC by Natasha, Bronze winner at Kancil Awards 2007.
• And an interactive 'virtual mall' idea by Cheryl Low, a law graduate who is now aiming for a career as a brand planner.
JUDGES' COMMENTS :
Stuart : "I have to say that I was impressed with the standard of the thinking in general. What was of particular interest to me was the number of students from other institutions who were doing the 95% courses in addition to their other courses. I think this speaks volumes about the calibre and reputation of Janet and her outfit.”
Rahul : "I love the fact that you're not just doing interactive but RELEVANT interactive."
Jeff : "You've introduced the Brand Values into the target's life."
Here are the triumphant (and exhausted) participants : Natasha, Fiona, Alex, Cheryl, Silvia, Becky and Rudy.